We understand how important loved ones are when it comes to cancer. However, people with cancer are among the most vulnerable when it comes to COVID-19. Knowing this, it is our responsibility to protect our patients and our employees by limiting visitation. This is the visitation policy at Wilmot as of April 5, 2021.
If you are coming to an appointment:
- Patients coming in for a clinic appointment may have one visitor, when waiting room space allows.
- Visitors are currently not permitted in the infusion center or in radiation therapy waiting area because of the very limited space available in these locations.
All visitors must go through a screening station before entering. If waiting area space is too full, visitors may be asked to wait in their car until the visit begins. Please ask a staff member if you have questions.
If you are admitted to the hospital and staying overnight:
- Two visitors per day are permitted, but not at the same time. All visitors must be 18 years old or older.
- Visiting hours are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Visitation is limited to 4 consecutive hours per visitor, per day.
- Visitors are asked to coordinate the switch between visitors outside the hospital.
There are limited exceptions, such as for patients with developmental disabilities or cognitive impairment, pediatric patients, and end-of-life care. Please speak with your care team if you have questions.