“These events are so important to the work we do at Wilmot. They inspire us to keep making advances in cancer research and care every day. It’s incredible to see family and friends come together to celebrate their contribution to the fight against this disease,” says Tiffany Paine-Cirrincione, associate director, advancement and community events at Wilmot Cancer Institute.
Upcoming golf tournaments benefiting Wilmot Cancer Institute include:
- May 29: Sackett/Jeffords Memorial Golf Tournament held at Timber Ridge Golf Club in Brockport to support general cancer research in memory of Dave Sackett and Doug Jeffords. Learn more by emailing Tom Wagner at email@example.com.
- June 18: Mo Golf Tournament held at Cragie Brae Golf Club in Scottsville to support general cancer research in memory of Maureen Scantlin. Learn more by emailing Bob Scantlin at Bob.Scantlin@bausch.com.
- June 26: Fifth Annual KM Memorial Golf Tournament held at Victor Hills East Golf Club in Victor to support brain cancer research in memory of Kathleen Mrzywka. Learn more at kmmemorial.com.
- July 1: Ninth Annual Coop Cup held at Terry Hills Country Club in Batavia to support brain cancer research in memory of Clinton J. Cooper. Learn more on the Coop Cup for Cancer Research Facebook page at facebook.com/Coop-Cup-for-Cancer-Research-124807904204641.
- July 10: Fifth Annual For Pete’s Sake Golf Tournament held at Victor Hills Golf Club in Victor to support Dr. Aram Hezel’s research for bile duct cancer in memory of Pete Osterling. Learn more by emailing Kait Osterling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 11: Seventh Annual Michael Contestabile Memorial Golf Tournament held at Deerfield Country Club in Brockport to benefit Dr. Aram Hezel’s research fund for pancreatic cancer in memory of Michael Contestabile. Learn more and get registration forms at facebook.com/events/1730792653810934.
- July 25: Edelman Gardner Ladies Golf Tournament held at Timber Ridge Golf Club in Brockport to support the Edelman Gardner Research Fund. Learn more at edelmancrf.com.
- Aug. 6: Kyle J. Button Memorial Golf Tournament held at Brae Burn Golf Course in Dansville to support the Ann and Carl Myers Cancer Center on the Noyes Memorial Hospital campus. The tournament is held in memory of Kyle Button. Learn more by emailing Jon Shay at email@example.com or calling (585) 370-0733.
- Aug. 15: Palmer/Head-Strong Golf Tournament held at Greystone Golf Club in Walworth to be split between research for non-smokers lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. Learn more at facebook.com/PalmerHeadStrongFoundation.
- Sept. 10: Fourteenth Annual Steve Coleman Memorial Golf Tournament held at Holley Creek Golf Course in Brockport to benefit the Wilmot Cancer Institute Research Fund. This event is held in memory of Steve Coleman. Learn more by emailing Laura Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sept. 12: Third Annual Ray Dutcher Jr. Memorial Golf Tournament held at Webster Golf Course in Webster to support brain cancer research in memory of Ray Dutcher. Learn more at facebook.com/RDJrGolfTournament.
Anyone in the community is invited to host a fundraiser – whether it’s golf or another type of event – to support cancer research and care in the Rochester and Finger Lakes region. Contact Tiffany Paine-Cirrincione at (585) 276-4715 or email@example.com to learn more.
UR Medicine’s Wilmot Cancer Institute is the Finger Lakes region’s leader for cancer care and research. As a component of Strong Memorial Hospital, Wilmot Cancer Institute provides specialty cancer care services at the University of Rochester Medical Center and a network of locations throughout the region. The Institute also includes a team of 100 scientists who investigate many aspects of cancer, with an emphasis on how best to provide precision cancer care. To learn more, visit .