No need to peel this squash- once cooked, delicata squash has an edible, tender skin. To prepare, cut off the ends, slice lengthwise and remove the seeds with a melon baller. Roasting the squash, cauliflower and red onion caramelizes the natural sugars for a rich flavor. Remember to successfully roast vegetables, cut them into similar sized pieces, so they cook evenly. This nutrient-dense dish provides dietary fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cored, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled, cut into 1 ½” pieces
- 1 delicata squash, seeded, cut lengthwise and sliced into ¼” wide semi-circles
- 2 Tbsp basting oil; salt and pepper to taste
- 3 oz baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower, onion, and delicate squash with basting oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange vegetables in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast on center rack about 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender and golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Add spinach to large bowl; add hot cauliflower-squash mixture. Toss gently to wilt spinach. Serve immediately.