Pico de gallo, referred to as salsa fresco, is a type of salsa. It's a fresh, uncooked mixture of chopped ingredients. You can use a variety of ingredients in different colors fo eye appeal. If you like spiciness, hot peppers will add heat to the mixture. Serve with baked tortilla chips or as a topping for entrees.
- 3 cups
- 2 cups seeded tomato, diced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Combine tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, cilantro, salt, black pepper and lime juice in a bowl.
- Refrigerate up to 3 hours before serving.