Pump up your salad with this version that features kale and quinoa! Kale comes packed with nutrients our bodies need to stay healthy, and quinoa has loads of plant-based protein. Topped with this savory hemp Caesar dressing and you’ve got a perfect lunch.
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch kale, washed
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of Kosher salt
- Rinse the quinoa. Boxed quinoa is usually pre-rinsed, but be on the safe side and give the quinoa a quick rinse using a fine-mesh strainer. Rub the quinoa with your hands and drain.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the drained quinoa and toast for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure it does not burn.
- Add the water and salt to the saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to a low-medium setting and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, remove the stems from the kale and thinly slice it. Toss the kale into a bowl.
- Juice the lemon into the bowl and add the salt and olive oil. Using your hands, massage the kale for 2-3 minutes until it becomes soften and slightly wilted.
Hemp Seed Caesar Dressing:
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅛ cup capers
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Keep chilled in fridge until ready to use!