In the spirit of St Patrick’s Day, we’ll be incorporating leafy greens into a smoothie. If you find many smoothies taste too sweet, this recipe is for you. It leans towards the savory side with avocado, fresh spinach and soy milk balanced with pineapple and banana.
- 3 servings, about 24 ounces
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup soy milk, unsweetened
- Honey, to taste
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and whipped. Thin with additional soy milk for pourable consistency. Taste; add 1-2 tsp of honey, if desired.
- Garnish with pineapple chunks and chia seeds.
Note: For best results, drink shortly after preparing. If left to stand, the color will begin to brown on the surface due to the avocado.